Welcome to ISMET/OIA Online Schooling
In light of Governor's Brown Directive extending Oregon school closures untill April 28, we will be starting online schooling for ISMET and OIA students on Wednesday, April 1st, 2020, in shaa Allah (God willing).
Online Learning Logistics
The platform we are using for online learning is Google Classroom and Hangouts. Google Classroom is your point of reference for homework/project/exam postings; HAC continues to hold your Gradebook. Google Classroom is the environment in which your teachers will assign work, provide comments on your work, proctor online exams and quizzes, deliver virtual lectures, and hold daily live check-ins. You will also be able to turn in assigned work and projects within this platform.
- The ISMET/OIA schedule is staggered in alternating 2-hour intervals to ensure equity and accessibility to students in the same family who are in different grade levels
- ISMET Students have one Google classroom with different topics for the different subject matter
- OIA Students have multiple classrooms: one per subject matter
- Students are expected to login and connect at the time of their scheduled classes each day as their VIDEO ON attendance will be recorded
Google Classroom & Hangouts/Meet Orientation Videos
Please take the time to watch the following videos with your child to get familiar with the Google Classroom and Hangouts/Meet platform:
- Google Classroom: Tutorial for Parents and Students
- Google Classroom Student Guide
- Google Hangouts Tutorial
- Getting Started with Google Meet
Online Learning Netiquettes, Guidelines, and Code of Conduct
As a distance learner and an online student at the Islamic School of MET and Oregon Islamic Academy, communication is a bit different than in an actual classroom setting. In order to ensure effective communication and a positive and productive experience for all, we need everyone's full cooperation and adoption of the following rules of engagement within our new medium of learning: Google Classroom, Hangouts, and associated applications.
Please read here full ISMET/OIA Distance Learning Guidelines and Code of Conduct for Online Learning (Netiquettes).
Please call our help desk at (503) 548-7673 or (503) 579-6621