Buy Continual Charity Shares!
Your gift of endowment shares is one that multiplies and keeps on giving and reaping reward in this life and in the next. We divided the square footage of the community center into shares that donors can sponsor and dedicate to their loved ones. With as little as $250 you can buy any of our 4 types of shares and establish a living memory of yourself or your loved ones. You can easily and securely donate online using ANY credit card.
ALL contributions to MET are both zakah-eligible and tax-deductible. Click HERE for more information. To calculate your Zakah and learn more about Zakah Resources, please visit Zakah Guide.Donations to the Muslim Educational Trust can be in any form, either cash, check, wire transfers or stock donations:
You can easily and
securely donate online using ANY credit card and you don't need to have an account with PayPal.
Please send your donation to:
Muslim Educational Trust (MET)
PO. Box 283
Portland, OR 97207 USA
For monthly donation
transfer authorization, please complete the following form: Electronic Transfer Form
For stock transfer donations or other type of donations, please contact MET Office at: (503) 579-6621
What is an Endowment?
Endowment has been licensed by our beloved Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, as a means to establish ongoing charity and invest in the future by instituting a fund or building facilities, programs, and organizations that benefit the community in the short term and in the long run. As long as these facilities stand and people keep on benefitting from their existence, donors who helped establish it with their Waqf funds will be rewarded fold upon fold in this life and in the next by Allah’s will and eternal mercy. An endowment fund may also be the seed money for an investment whose return may be used for long term sustainability of a project, that benefits the community; hence the nature of endowment as ongoing charity, that reaps reward and blessing beyond one’s lifetime.
Why Invest in this Project?
- Revive the Sunnah of our beloved Prophet Muhammad, peace and blessings be upon him, who licensed endowment as a means to establish ongoing charity and invest in the future to provide sustainability and community partnership
- Encourage participation and support from all individuals of good will, from all walks of life
- Establish community partnership and a sense of ownership and belonging
- Establish a living memory of yourself and those you love
- Give a lasting gift to those you love and honor, i.e. your parents, children, and teachers, and honor them with the ultimate gift that keeps on giving
- Be a pioneer and invest in this milestone of Muslim America and the 1st Islamic Community Center of its kind in the Pacific Northwest
- Be part of an important Islamic legacy that will benefit and meet the needs of our community and our youth today, tomorrow, and everyday